TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Updated: December 2021
Terms and Conditions – WebDoctor PTY LTD
This Website is operated by WebDoctor PTY LTD.
These terms of service (“Terms”, “Agreement”) are an agreement between the website (“Website operator”, “us”, “we” or “our”) and you (“User”, “you” or “your”). This Agreement sets forth the general terms and conditions of your use of this website and any of its products or services (collectively, “Website” or “Services”).
Section 1 – General Conditions
- By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least 18 years old.
- You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction.
- WebDoctor PTY LTD does not guarantee that an e-health or telemedicine consultation is the appropriate course of treatment for your particular health care problem. The Health Provider has the sole discretion to decide whether or not an e-health consultation is appropriate, whether or not to provide any particular service and to determine the health services required.
- In some circumstances a physical examination, blood tests, diagnostic imaging or other tests may be required. These cannot be delivered via an e-health consultation. If the Health Provider decides that any or all of these are required the Health Provider will direct you to make an appointment for an in practice consultation with your local general practitioner.
- You confirm that any medication which our doctors prescribe to you is 100% exclusively for you and your own personal use and not to be given or sold to any other person and you are responsible not to distribute this medication to any other individual.
- You confirm, before ingesting any medication which our WebDoctor PTY LTD doctors have prescribed, you will in full, read all of the information that the doctor issues you with, this can be both online and/or in hard copy printed form. You confirm that you will read in full all of the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet which will accompany the medication. You also confirm that you will follow any and all directions that the issuing pharmacist provides.
- You agree to contact your own doctor immediately if directed to do so or if your condition changes or your symptoms worsen.
- You agree to provide all information requested by the Doctor at WebDoctor and warrant that all information which you provide is true and fully complete.
- You must inform and keep WebDoctor’s GP informed of any side effects or other issues arising from any treatment provided by the Doctor via webdoctor.com.au through the website contact page.
- You must inform your GP and any other health care professional about any medical treatment received via the website.
- You understand that WebDoctor PTY LTD is not covered under Medicare Australia at this time, no Medicare rebate is available and there is no bulk billing option offered as part of this service. There also be no PBS benefit available for any prescriptions.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel services purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include service requests by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or service requests that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel a service, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the request was made.
- We reserve the right to limit or prohibit requests for services that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
Section 2 – Consent to collection of personal information
- You confirm that you give consent to WebDoctor PTY LTD for information about yourself, your health and your medical history including, but not limited to, the information you provided as part of the online consultation assessment form and/or video consultation to be viewed and exchanged by and between WebDoctor PTY Ltd employees and a Medical Doctor working for the purpose of conducting a medical consultation on behalf of WebDoctor PTY LTD. You understand this information may be exchanged in an electronic format.
Section 3 – Modification of Services/Prices
- Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
- We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Section 4 – Fee/Refund policy
- When you request a treatment listed on the website for one of the approved conditions your submission (response to the questionnaire) is reviewed by a Health Provider or GP via the WebDoctor site, you must pay a fee of $25. If the Health Provider or GP after this review is unable to provide the requested service/Treatment to you for any reason, the fee will be refunded. You may subsequently be advised to book a Video Consultation with the GP at WebDoctor or advised to speak to your own local GP.
- Video Consultations with a GP arranged via the WebDoctor site cost $50 are non refundable.
Section 5 – Video Consultations with a GP
- You Understand and accept that you are requesting a private online consultation with an Australian Registered GP about a particular medical issue. This is not a transactional request for a script. It’s at the doctor’s sole discretion, based on their medical assessment during your consultation, whether or not a requested treatment is clinically justified, and a suitable treatment option for you as a patient. The doctor’s refusal to prescribe a specific medication will not be a ground for a refund request.
- You Also understand WebDoctor’s GP’s are unable to prescribe treatments for conditions which are not specifically listed on the WHAT WE TREAT page of our website.
- You Further accept that the basis of your video consultation with WebDoctor’s GP will be to consider if the approved treatments which are specifically listed on the WHAT WE TREAT page of our website are a safe and appropriate treatment option for your specified condition.
- Our doctors are unable to prescribe controlled, addictive, or Schedule 8 medications such as Diazepam, Endone, Lyrica, Stilnox, Zolpidem, Codeine painkillers (including Panadeine Forte), Benzodiazepines (including Valium/Diazepam, Temazepam, Oxazepam, Alprazolam), Duromine, Tramadol, Gabapentin, Pregabalin, Seroquel, Steroids, Vyvanse, Modafinil, Dexamphetamine, Ritalin, Concerta, Sofradex ear drops, etc.
- Our doctors are unable to provide medical certificates, or COVID-19 vaccination exemptions.
Section 6 – Third Party Links/Tools/Integration
- We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
- You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
- Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
- We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
- Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties.
- Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
- We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites.
Section 7 – Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability
- We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
- We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
- You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
- You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
- In no case shall WebDoctor PTY LTD, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless WebDoctor PTY LTD and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
Section 8 – Governing law
- These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
Section 9 – Changes to Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Secton 10 – Contact Information
WebDoctor Pty Ltd
PO Box 76, Terrigal NSW 2260
Reviewed December 2021